I participated in the UNCCD COP 11 (Windhoek, Namibia, 16-27 September 2013) on behalf of my firm Supras Ltd, on the invitation of Responding to Climate Change (see Sources) and Entico Corporation (see Sources). Supras Ltd. is accredited to the UNCCD. I specifically participated in the meetings of UNCCD's Sustainable Land Management Business Forum (SLMBF), where I addressed the role of the private sector in engaging with civil society at the local level, in developing as well as in transition countries.
At the SLMBF meeting I presented a technical paper that discussed these issues. The interview, titled "Lars Soeftestad: A Social Science Response to Land Degradation", addresses land degradation from the vantage point of the social sciences (Note 1).
(1) The interview was made at UNCCD COP 11 (Windhoek, Namibia, September 2013), by Responding to Climate Change (RTCC) and Entico Corporation. The interviewer was Ed King, Editor, RTCC. Availability: (i) Vimeo (Supras' account), at: https://www.vimeo.org/supras, (ii) Climate Home, at: https://www.climate-change.tv/9403, (iii) Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&time_continue=276&v=27a6wTYZa98
(2) Image credit: Responding to Climate Change (RTCC). Taken from the interview with me by RTCC at UNCCD COP.
(3) Relevant Devblog articles:
(4) Permalink: https://devblog.no/en/article/social-science-response-land-degradation
(5) Published 29 August 2017. Updated 27 September 2018.
Entico Corporation. URL: http://entico.com
Responding to Climate Change (RTCC). URL: http://www.rtcc.org
Soeftestad, Lars. 2013. "A social science response to land degradation". Technical paper prepared for the UNCCD's Sustainable Land Management Business Forum, at UNCCD COP 11 (Windhoek, Namibia, 16-27 September 2013).
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). URL: http://www.unccd.int
Vimeo. "A social science response to land degradation". 2013. URL: http://www.vimeo.org/supras